by Mark Bittman-Adapted by Annik
- 3/4 raw honey
- 2 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
These keep well in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix well with a rubber spatula or your hands.
- Line a baking sheet (or two baking sheets) with parchment paper.
- Wet your hands and make small piles of the mixture, each 1 or 2 tablespoons, about an inch apart.
- Bake until light brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet and cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes before eating.