Apple-Date Mini Muffins
- 6-7 small (Neglet) dates, coarsely chopped (if using Medjool, you can use fewer)
- 1/3 c applesauce
- 1/2 c ground pumpkin seeds
- 1 TBS melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Makes 12 mini-muffins.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blend dates and apple sauce in the food processor. (You may need to stop and unstick dates a few times until the mixture is fairly well blended.)
- Add all other ingredients and process until smooth.
- Spoon into mini muffin cups lined with mini cupcake/candy papers. You can almost fill them as they don't rise that much.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
These are sweet and slightly gooey - good for dessert. I've only made them once so far (no time!), but next time I plan to triple the recipe. They freeze great.
Oxalate value is probably around 1 mg/each.